Jobs at Brandkit
Work Style & Culture
We are an Auckland, NZ head-quarterd company based at GridAKL in Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. This is a co working space.
However our small team works mostly remotely, and visits the office rarely, for occasional meetings or when physical presence is required. Otherwise most meetings and collaboration are by video call or my writing up your work, questions etc for asynchronous responses.
We practice a calm asynchronous working style, as promoted by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, authors of the books Getting Real, Remote, Rework and It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work.
Therefore, you are not required to live in Auckland, or even New Zealand. However NZ is our primary time zone, so you'll need to be somewhere there is a some crossover of work hours.
We are an independent bootstrapped and profitable company that has been in business since 1997.
We pride ourselves on building the best product we can, and favour honest ethical growth over false claims and over promising.
We primarily work with Tourism and Government, Local Government agencies but also sell into Banking and Insurance, Healthcare, Hospitality, and Technology companies. However in fact we can supply any industry sector and indeed supply services to customers across many industry sectors from primary industry to eCommerce.
Buyers are typically Directors of Marketing, Marketing Managers, Marketing Teams. Primary Users are typically the Marketing Team including Digital Librarians, Marketing and Sales Support, Marketing Executives, Marketing Assistants, Marketing Specialists, Content Managers, Social Media Managers, etc,.
What we offer
- Remote work
- An open environment where your input is encouraged, to improve our products, process, and service to clients
- Variety in your work
- Learn new technologies and better practices
- Competitive package
- Flexibility to work where you want
- Flexible personal time, travel and vacation policies
- Honesty and integrity
- Small team with autonomy
- Back end Ruby/Ruby on Rails (moving to Erlang/Elixir/Phoenix in Brandkit 2)
- Github and Apple Mac devices/compatible tools (predominantly)
- 100% cloud via AWS and Heroku (moving to AWS plus Fly.io - a new edge network for Brandkit 2)
- Remote asynchronous working style using Basecamp for work/project management
- Shapeup methodology for product development
Current Job Openings
- Fullstack Developer
- Junior Web Designer/Developer